Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chloe Moments...

Riding home from the pediatrician's this morning Chloe was deep in thought. This is what she had to say...

Chloe: When you die is Heaven fun?
WHOA. This is a doozy at  9 am.
Me: I don't know. I've never been dead. I've heard that Heaven is pretty great though, lots of fun.

Chloe: I was scared that I was going to cough forever and go to Heaven and not on vacation to Disney. (Ahhh...Disney. The true concern.) I'm glad that the docker said I'm alright.

Me: I'm glad about that too babe....and you weren't going to die because of a cough. Mommy would make sure that you were getting better.

TOPIC CHANGE:

Chloe: What does it mean to be wise?

Me: ...That you give good advice (Oops, too big of a word...simplify). You tell people things that help them and people ask you many questions because they know that you are smart.

Chloe: (smiling at me through the mirror) Daddy is a wiiiiiise man.

...AND ONTO THE NEXT CHLOE THOUGHT.


Chloe: Addi spends most of her money. She likes to buy stuffed animals and candy with her money, A LOT.

Me: Yes, she does.


Chloe: I save my money. Grace saves her money.

Me: Yes, you do. Everyone is different. Addi likes to buy things with her money. That's ok.

Chloe: She'll learn. Maybe you and Daddy will teach her someday.

Me: We are trying Chlo, really...Don't worry.

She didn't look convinced.

NEXT TOPIC...no real transition here.

Chloe: It's nice to have children. You will never be alone if you have children. You can be with each other your whole life...and never be lonely.

I kept driving, smiling at her words...but not saying a word.

Chloe: It's hard to be the parent of three kids. It's a lot of hard work!

Me: Yes, but it's also a lot of fun! We get to go to the beach with you, play with you and bring you to great places like Disney!

Chloe: I want to be a Mommy when I grow up.

NEXT SUBJECT...

Chloe: I was really good at the docker. Can I get a donut? Maybe we can have a date...just you and me. Mommy Chloe time is a good idea. My sithters had time. (please note: These are not typos. This is Chloe speak. She has a cute lisp and baby blabbers a few words still. They will be missed when they disappear.)

Me: Oooh...a date. That is a good idea. You were very good for Dr. Gina. I think that you deserve a donut, but Mommy has to stop at the store first and get shorts for our trip, ok?

Chloe: Oh, no. Ok. But fast!~

Me: Deal!

20 minutes later, in K-Mart. (Not my ideal place to shop, but it was right around the corner. Fashion police forgive me.)

I was trying on some Selena Gomez (surprisingly cute stuff) brand shorts and jumpers...yes, jumpers. Who knew that my favorite attire at age seven would be a fashion "yes" thirty years later. I am beyond thrilled! It makes getting ready in the morning that much easier...one comfy piece...TA DA!!! JOY.

Chloe wasn't thrilled.
When I asked her what she thought of the coral, tropically patterned one piece, that I was hopping around in she said,"I don't want to do this. I have a better idea. Let's get a donut!"

Great delivery!
Clear.
Concise.

I laughed.
Could it be possible that my five year old aged thirty years over night?
My head snapped out of 1982. Did my little girl just reel me back in?

Yes, Chloe...
It was donut time.
Thanks for putting up with your silly Mama.

We covered the gamut of topics heavier than lead.
My oh my, my Chloe is wise.
She picks out the best donuts too!

No comments:

Post a Comment