Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Saturday...Ahhhhhh.

They have toured the globe...
...going from stadiums to living rooms with ease.
This Saturday they made a welcomed appearance in my house...
Yes, folks the Black Eyed Peas have landed.
My children have welcomed them with open arms, Wii remotes ready to rock out!

After weeks of beachin' Saturdays have become a day of beautiful nothingness.
It's time for us to soak up the aloe, detox from the salt and just BE. We are enjoying our little grey house and it's contents.
...So strange to write gray rather than green.
I'll get used to it eventually.
Some fights have erupted over the course of the morning...
Why can't Chloe be a dog? Why does Grace get to be the only dog in the game?
Do I have answers to these questions? NOPE. But I do my faking Mama best...
This sounds good. I remember my Mom saying this a lot...
**Girls you need to work this out on your own, nicely. There's no reason why you can't all get along.** 
I may have bought myself five minutes. 
Nope...
Addi needs to stop telling Chloe what to do.
Chloe feels left out thanks to not being allowed to be a dog.
Grace follows along with who ever is winning the argument.
...that would be Addi today.
Chloe will be resourceful and this will have a happy, hopefully fair outcome.
For now the halls are peaceful.

I'm sipping my coffee at the kitchen table. The fresh scent of Mrs. Meyer's Lemon Verbena Counter Top Spray lingers in the air.
Can all Saturday mornings please be like this? (--Minus the power struggles.)
I take a deep inhale, loving the smell. The light is drifting through the bay window, making great attempts to weave through layers of cloud coverage.

Our house has been transported to the middle of a forest glen. We are fortunate to live in a wooded area nestled in the midst of a grid of cozy streets and avenues. It feels like morning magic at its best. A have a vision! Today is the perfect day for the Village Farmer's Market.

POP.
Suddenly my thoughts are broken.
"LET THE...LET THE...BEAT...THIS PARTY'S ROCKIN' ROCKIN'"
Hello Black Eyed Peas!


This is a Lemon Verbena HOUSE PARTY!
Our beats are jammin'!! Yeah...Pumpin' pumpin'!
They were moving so fast trying to keep up with Fergie that they became blurrs and streaks on my camera. --Note: Lightning is unfazed by the action. Poor dog.

Saturdays Rock.
Let's keep em' rockin' rockin'!!
...My inner dork just took over.


No comments:

Post a Comment