Friday, June 29, 2012

BEACH, POOL or BOTH?

This is the time of year when Jim becomes increasingly jealous of my schedule...
...or lack there of!!

Each night his question remains the same:

So, what was it today?...BEACH? POOL? or BOTH?

Tonight my answer will be beach.
Hey, I can't help it. Teaching schedules are the best! He could have gone the route of the social studies professor but opted for that of the attorney.
I have ten months of teenage creativity, drama and angst to contend with and in return I am blessed with two months of Summer filled fun with my three little ladies. I say goodbye to "art teacher Mom" and am "just Mom."

We breathe in the fresh, salty air of the sea, surf in the waves on boogie boards and soak up the vitamins of the sun.
The Summer is an ongoing roller coaster of impromptu sleep overs and play dates. I typically leave the house with three kids and come home with one missing or two or three extra "temporary sisters" in tow.
---Today's sister was Danielle.
My husband gets dragged along for the ride. I'm a very lucky woman because he never complains about any of this. I know that there are dozens of late nights when he gets off of the train after a hellish (...and I mean this in many ways. Summer in the city isn't fun.) commute and wants nothing more than to veg out on the couch in his pj's and watch Family Guy. However, on most Summer nights the couch and loveseat are occuppied by little girls with big bowls of popcorn. He's such a good sport! ~ Much better than me in these situations. There's a reason why I have been deemed the Evil Momma Plod when I'm tired!

For today I need to give a big THANK YOU to my guy. We girls are lucky, lucky lucky...
I also wanted to share some of the day's beach photos. I feel as I should be going back to work tomorrow after a long weekend. Summer still hasn't sunk in!

Addi and Danielle catching some serious waves...seriously!

Chloe balanced with her bag of bologna! She toted this around the beach for awhile, snacking.

Crab hunting with Julia was scary, exciting fun.

Gracie hid from the morning wind.

We explored the beach all day and raced back before the tide washed out our path!

No comments:

Post a Comment