Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Bunny...and Other Stuff!

The wind died away and left us basking in the warmth of the sun.

Easter is drawing near. I am unprepared. This is unusual. I typically have all of the goodies, bunny trinkets and baskets stuffed and hidden away by now.

This is proof that 2012 falls into the category of whirlwind.
I don't mean this to be a negative statement.
If teaching and being active with my children, while trying desperately to maintain some kind of order amongst the chaos of my home is "whirlwind"...

I say: Give it to me any day.

We have been celebrating Spring.
What better way to do this than to be out in it?!
We have gone on bunny hunts. It might be too early for this, but our neighborhood is a bunny breeding ground! The little fuzzy guys can be found hopping from yard to yard all Spring and Summer.
My children always leave treats for animals at the foot of our Giving Tree. It's the old oak in our front yard. It gives our little green house shade during the summer and helps the little critters of 4th Street year round.
The garden is bursting with baby buds and a beautiful garden sign, handcrafted by Gracie.
The window box that hangs from our porch rail has a lovely window. Yes, Chloe has given the window box it's own window, complete with yard view.
Addi has been diligently training Lightning as if readying him for a grand circus.
He's a happy boy. I don't think that our dog has ever been bribed with this many treats before.
I love the way that my children perceive the world.
I love my job as Mom.


I get to keep the magic alive!

There is time for me to play Easter Bunny.
---PS...Please don't breathe a word of this to my girls. Thankfully all three of my lovelies are still believers.

Now, Off to gymnastics we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment