Sunday, April 1, 2012

Movies, Kid Zombies and "the Bug"

Oh how I wished for you. I was delirious when you arrived. Thrilled that you were finally here.


My Saturday.
My Sunday. 


...How I had longed for you. 


You came.
You went.
You've left me exhausted.

Jim is strong. He fought a good fight. Unfortunately my husband lost the battle. Late Saturday evening, after our date night...Thank God it was after date night and not before!...

...The wretched stomach bug caught up with him!
 MaAAN DOWN!


It began as any good weekend would. Yes, we had a bit of rain, but it's timing was perfect.
The girls and I had gardened on Friday.
I was happy, knowing that the new plants would have fresh rain water the next day. Hopeful that they'd survive my poor planting job. You see...I love to garden, but I'm not very good at it. My garden teems with texture and bursts of mismatched color. This may be what the untamed Garden of Eden looked liked. Truly wild by nature (I'm not talking about the food store.). I just pop them in...mix in Miracle Grow and hope for the best. So far so good!
Keep your fingers crossed for my Heather and English Daisies.
It was dinner time. I was living large tonight. "WHO WANTS TO GO OUT TO EAT??!!" I was taking my little women out for dinner at our favorite Greek place. Venus was waiting. The weekend was getting better by the second. It felt great to be spontaneous while toting three children.
We rolled out of there with full bellies and were ready to plop onto the couch.
Friday night was "girlie movie night." Jim was working late. Chick flicks and cartoons here we come! The girls fought over movie choices.
It drove me crazy. This was supposed to be relaxing. --- So I chose.
Prest-o, chang-o...no more fighting.
The girls were begging me to put something different on!
My plan worked! I was the bad guy and they were working against me.  Go sisterhood!

The girls chose Mee-Shee. (an oldie, but not-so-gooodie...kids love it though.)
WE WERE DESTINED FOR BAD 90'S GRAPHICS.
...and a Lock Nes "wanna be."

Before the splashes in the opening scene could be heard I bumped into a ZOMBIE.
Addi tried to eat my arm.
Yes...It was also girlie zombie night!
Addi looked awesome!
My make up didn't look so hot anymore...but that's ok. I never wear the dark stuff anyway.
I looked down the hall and there was Chloe. She looked a great deal like her older sister but had added streaks of blue to her face.
My thoughts,"Nice accent work on the cheek bones kiddo."
Gracie had been at my side the entire time. This has been her favorite place lately.
Someone is always my little shadow. I'm used to it.
Grace wanted "in" on the zombie action. She quickly grabbed her make up and headed for her vanity.
...always the professional.

My three zombie girls groaned, howled danced a zombie dance and pretended to eat each other.
Poor confused zombies...you're supposed to eat people, not each other!
...They'll figure that out next time.

Faces were washed and I was chasing the girls around the house when Jim walked in the kitchen door.
MOVIE. WHAT MOVIE?
It was time to attack DADDY!!!!!
We tickled.
We threw pillows.
We ambushed him.

Mommyhood rocks! 

...and to think it was only 10PM.
We chilled out. Started to pay attention to the movie that was now 1/3 of the way in and the kids fell asleep on the couch within ten minutes.

--- SATURDAY---

It rained hard all morning. The kids played and drew. I cleaned. Jim worked at the kitchen table. We ran our Saturday morning errands. Jim decided that he needed to work more. I decided that we couldn't stay in the house another minute. Rather than be "shushed" by a researching hubby I brought Julia and the girls to see the new Snow White film, Mirror Mirror. It was a big hit with my trio. We sat until the credits were done rolling. - It was that enjoyable.
We went home afterwards.
Jim ordered pizza and we hit the road! This weekend's theme: MOVIES.
What were we doing on our little date? ...seeing a movie. I saw two movies in one day. I can't even remember the last time that I had done that. Who has time for that anymore? This weekend I do.
It was time for a good old fashioned battle between Zeus and Hades. Brainless action we're on our way!

Jim and I ended the evening with a bottle of wine. I fell asleep on the couch.

---SUNDAY---

6AM.
This is when the stomach bug hit my guy.
He's been sick since.

Church is many things. Today it was a reason to get as far from Jim as possible.
The kids waved their palm branches, hitting most members of the congregation. I'm lucky that the woman seated in front of us was a friend of my Nannie's. Chloe hit her in the back of the head at least a dozen times while saying the Lord's Prayer.
We sang. The kids reminded me that they were bored and asked when it would be over tons of times. I reminded them that they could have gone to Sunday School with all of the other kids.
They looked horrified at the thought.
What's wrong with my children?
Will they ever leave me?
Am I that wonderful?
I know that I'm not...My kids are weird.
Yup, they're definitely mine.

Buster (aka the pastor) answered every question that my kids tossed his way after the service. I mean EVERY question...and they had some doozies!

*Why do you have to put water on babies?
*Why are there shells in the baptismal bowl?
*Why are you wearing red today?
*Why did my Mom drink juice? (wine)

 SURVIVED CHURCH...ONTO DELI!
I deserved a big, fat bacon, egg and cheese sandwich!

We wound down the day hunting for pants that will fit Addi. My poor kid is between sizes. They either fall down or ride up her butt.
Then the house was turned back into a roller derby rink. This happens close to daily. On most days a parent isn't running for the bathroom every twenty minutes and nearly killing themselves on a rolling child. I had to convince the Grace and Chloe that today WAS NOT a good day to slam themselves into the living room wall instead of dragging their foot behind to brake. Daddy was sleeping on the other side of the wall!!

We ended tonight the way that the weekend attempted to start...
We finished Mee-Shee.

Here I sit, with my green tea, on my germ ridden couch. Jim is waaaaaaaaay on the other side.
I will not get this bug a third time!

Monday...Oh Monday...Where for art thou Monday?








No comments:

Post a Comment