Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy #50!

Fifty is a good number. It's a strong, solid number.
It isn't complicated to say like... twenty-eight or thirty-nine, for example.
Did I mention that as of today I have posted FIFTY BLOGS?
I blinked when I saw the glowing, baby blue number.
NO WAY!
But... It's true.
YES WAY!!
Something about this number makes me feel accomplished.
Someday, If I celebrate a fiftieth wedding anniversary with Jim...
1- We'll be old.
2- We'll be alive.
3- We'll be together.
4- We'll be living different lives from the ones that we have today.
5- We'll have grown children that may have grown children of their own.
6- We'll  be retired...wait...We'd better be retired!
7- We will be many things...
8- I will feel incredibly ACCOMPLISHED.

Right now my greatest worry is how get to gymnastics on time, to watch at least one of my girls while they tumble.
I have a "paper making" meeting to attend after school.
Yes, you've read correctly.
Remember, I am an art teacher.
It's not a powerpoint presentation. Those don't go over very well with my kinda crowd.
This is hands on... messy, lovely, fun.

I know how to make paper and books already.
I've been doing this since I was a teenager.
I'm going because I'm always hoping to learn something new.
Maybe she'll have a technique that I've never used or seen before?
Or, maybe we'll all walk away feeling accomplished, with fresh paper drying on racks.

This is a segway back to my kid worries.

It is not easy to explain to a five year old, six year old and 9 year old that...
"Mommy can't always watch."
"Mommy has meetings to attend and is sorry."
"Mommy wishes that she could be there but can't take another day off of work."
"No baby, Daddy can't come tomorrow...He will be away on a business trip."

THESE ARE THEIR PROUD MOMENTS.

The plays.
The recitals.
The living room dance offs.
The orchestra performances.
The soccer games.
The gymnastics lessons...

THIS IS WHERE WE WITNESS ALL THAT THEY'VE  ACCOMPLISHED.

Jim has often said that he never understood why his Dad missed so much of his childhood...
---Dun... Dun... DUNN DUNNNNN--- (that was my dramatic entrance music) 


*UNTIL he became a man and father himself. He feels no ill will. He loves his Dad. Jim understands. He appreciated all that his father did and continues to do in the name of his family. 


HE IS NOW IN THE SAME POSITION. 
We will do our best to be role models for our girls and instill what we consider to be a strong set of values in each of them.


We can only hope that when they become women and (possibly) mothers that they too, will understand.


Until then we will continue to do our very best and shower our kids with loads of love.

Happy 50 to Girliemomadventures!

I hope that you accomplish something wonderful today.


No comments:

Post a Comment