Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Keys in Strange Places and Very Understanding People!

Things that we have learned today...They are plenty.


-"Sliced beets look pretty in the sun light...and are made of just beets!"---says Chloe.

-"AHhhhhh!!!-- Pizza Rolls are messy! They squirt!" ---says Addison. Unfortunately, it was after the Snoopy on her t-shirt ended up with a cheese mustache.

-Every time that Grace says,"I can't see!" doesn't really mean that she can't see!

-Sisterhood is a precious treasure. My children are living proof of this.

-Bubbles are fantastic!!!!
*to blow.
*to catch.
*to pop.
*or when they land in your hair!
**...but not when they land in your mouth!!

-Chloe cries at the drop of a hat these days. THIS IS NOT FUN! ....I wish for her to outgrow this super sensitivity FAST! I can't handle many more boo hoo sessions or self induced time outs.
...neither can Grace. She likes to go in her room too!

-I love that Addi's best friend lives two blocks away and that Addi will ditch me for her in a heart beat. I never thought that I'd say that!...However, it came in handy today. One less kiddo to worry about while I figured out today's mess. (read on)

-Meagan is great and she has a great Mom!  Thank you to for understanding why Grace was 40 minutes late for the play date today, for helping me find the OnStar #, letting me use your phone for the longest time ever, offering Chloe and I ride back home (even though we declined)and not minding the fact that Chloe was roller skating all over your house!
This, all because I locked my keys in the house again!! Why OnStar you might wonder?! Aren't they for cars, not homes?! --- The answer...Julia (our au pair) left her keys in the Trailblazer. I remembered and thought that it would be faster to have the car opened than to figure out how to burglarize my house!

-My neighbors are also great. Thank you to Randy for letting Chloe and I call OnStar because the car unlock didn't work!! Thank you for also letting Chloe eat all of your Oreos!

-OnStar Service is well worth the money. They sent a truck to my house with in 20 minutes of the "Randy house call." The guy opened the car in about 2.2 minutes. He didn't make a single mark on the door. Plus, it was all included in the service!!

-My Chloe is a very patient kid. She also gets cold easily! While I gardened in the front yard she rolled in the drive way. Every time the sun went behind a cloud I heard," Mommmyyyyy...I'm soooo cold." My response: "Baby, the sun is behind a cloud. I can't do anything about that. It'll pop out again and you'll be warm. Until then keep roller skating. It'll keep you warmer." She bought it the eight times that I repeated it.

-The statement "The more the merrier" rang true once again. Who knew that having six kids, under the age of 10 in my house would allow me alone time!! Yes, you've read correctly...I managed to sweep and Swiffer all of the floors, season the fish fillets and pop them in the oven, wipe down the kitchen counter tops, throw in a load of wash and blog all while the little darlings were having a dance off to Justin Beiber and Katy Perry.  Gotta love it! Bring on the sleepovers!!

-Julia's new nick name should be The Great and Powerful Juliadini. She saved the day while on vacation in Florida. Julia I'm so glad that you stashed your keys in the car.

-It's time to stash an extra set of keys some where!!...That means not at Amy's house. I had no way of getting them with out the car! Where were you today cousin? You are my "spare." xoxo.

-Keys locked in the house/car = a very clean driveway and freshly planted garden! Maybe I should do this again...NOT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment