Monday, April 16, 2012

---Fly!!!!

82 degrees?! In April!...In New York?...This is stupendous, spectacular, invigorating, glorious and practically unheard of.

This is happening here, now.

I'm torn...
It's angel on my right -.vs.- (forget the devil) sunshine on my left
I want to blog.
I feel the need to write.
The weekend was great. There is so much to tell!
WAIT...
Who AM I KIDDING?!

I do not want to blog.
I do not want to be in a dimly lit space.
I do not want to remain pasty white.
I refuse to let this day escape me.
I will not eat them with a goat...
I will not eat them on a boat!
I will not eat them in a can!
I will not eat them, SAM I AM!!

--PAUSE--

I'm having a Dr. Seuss moment.

I do not intend on staying shut up in this building the entire day. I want to go for the longest bike ride in history!
...I do not like green eggs and ham!

--Scratch that.--

I will go on the longest bike ride that I am allowed to take, while on my lunch break.

FOOD?! Who needs food?!

42 minutes of biking bliss awaits.

Ta Ta... for now.

15 minutes later...

I sat at a little bistro table outside of my favorite deli.
I enjoyed my lunch.
The atmosphere wasn't remarkable.
I was sitting directly in front of a landscaper's pick up truck.
I was looking at a parking lot.
But...WOW!! The weather was amazing!
I felt refreshed after a super fast, cruise, down Catherine Street. The wind whipped through my pink streaked hair.
I was thankful for my sunglasses...mini-windshields against the bugs that now and again pelted me.

Yes, I was going that fast!

If you ever want to feel like flying while on the ground, find a long lasting hill and pedal really fast!
Sit back and let the bicycle do the work for you.
Don't open your mouth as if perched on the bow of the Titanic...You'll swallow a bug.
No one needs that much protein.

The ride back to school (aka my job) was a hard one.
The down hill slope was working against me.
BONUS: No need to work out tonight!

...There is always a sunny side.

This past week I spent many days roller skating and biking with my three little girls. This was the first time - in a long time that I was riding solo. It felt good to be me again after a school free week with my lovelies.

No matter how much we Moms adore our children, in order to remain happy, healthy and sane, there a few things to remember:

* Being alone is healthy. (this does not mean in order to clean or cook... unless it is a hobby!)
* Date nights with the hubby, wife, boyfriend or girlfriend are a MUST! Do not neglect adult time with your "big" love.
*Spend time with friends. (I don't really need to give an explanation here...Do I?!)
*When in doubt ditch chores for fun stuff! ...Think of it this way:

What are your kids most likely to remember:


The fact that your floors were always clean.


OR


The fact that Mom and Dad were ready to roll down a hill with them? or go for a bike ride?

NO BRAINER.


...When you're given lemons make lemonade. 
If you're given sunshine enjoy it.


Hello Spring. We love you!

Here are my kids. These are the things that they did when they came home from a stressful day at school! Wink...Wink...
Addison trained Lightning to do another trick.
She has him training for the Ringling Brother's Circus. He just doesn't know it.
Gracie begged me for hot chocolate...on the hottest day of the year!
Could I say "no"? Why would I? (please note the pumpkin straw. It's her favorite.)
Chloe put her skates on at the speed of light. "Mom...Look!!"
She was amazed by how big her wheels looked when I showed her this picture.






No comments:

Post a Comment