Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hair With Friends and Roller Girls

I was startled out of sleep this morning. I felt some one watching me.
I opened my eyes to see Chloe's eyes peering back at me! 
She was inches away from my face.
Chloe stated, "Mom...Today and I keeping my roller skates on. I am rolling all day long!"
Grace chimed in," Meeeeee Too!"
Then the phone rang...8:20?!
It rang again...8:22...8:24...8:26.
I ignored them all. I wasn't awake enough to talk to anyone.
Where was my coffee?
The cell phone rang!!
DAMN IT!! That means it's important.
I pick up....Addison's best friend's MOm is on the line.
She asks if Addi can spend the day being treated to a hair style at the salon and lunch, followed by shopping.
Me: Ofcourse. When would you like her ready?
Debbie: We're outside of your house send her out.
(WHAT??!!)
I looked out the window in disbelief. There they were in the car.
Me: Deb, she isn't dressed yet.
Deb: That's ok...We'll wait.
Me: Oh, Ok.
(Is it just me or was this really strange?!...But, ok...whatever floats your boat.)
30 minutes later and Addi was out the door, English Muffin in hand.

It was roller derby time!


They rolled on and on and on!
Our poor dog is such a good sport.
He was pushed and tugged all morning and went with "the flow."

I made a picnic on the go and packed it all into Gracie's magenta, leopard back pack.
I was stylin'!
We were going on an afternoon adventure...
...a twenty five minute roll to our friend's house.
The girls were super psyched.
This was the first time that I was crossing major roads and intersections with them. I had thought about it the other day but big sister Addison isn't ready for the challenge yet.
Grace and Chlo Chlo have logged far more road time.
Addison is more of a rink girl.
She and I will practice on the road. We can steady each other as we fall!

My road warriors and I were off.
Dylan and Cody here we come!
Chloe fell on her butt five times. She confidently, cruised and the cracks got her every time! My poor speed demon.
"Step on a crack and you break ...Chloe's butt!"

The last fall was a doozie.
Chloe cried for what felt like an eternity.

I plopped down on a stranger's lawn to soothe her.
Gracie patted her head and smoothed her hair. She's such a great sister. Full of compassion.

Cars slowed to watch the Mom with injured child on the side of the road.
Chlo calmed down and continued on the path to our friend's house...This time holding my hand tightly and rubbing her butt with the other.
Put... Put... Put... went Grace.
She is always the cautious sister. Gracie slowed at every bump and crack...never wanting to fall like her little sister, unsure of the new terrain.
"Chloe I stay on the smooth parts...Seeeeeeeee!! You should follow me!!" - always preaching.
My children are so funny.

We made it...sweaty hands, bruised butts and all. 

The girls were ready for lunch and bouncing with the boys.
They have a trampoline.
If I get my way, we'll have one by the end of the school year! I'm working Jim over daily. He's worried about liability. I say stop being an attorney for just a little while and jump with us! It's fun for the whole family and a great work out too! Plus...we'll get lots of "cool points" with the kids...that can't hurt.

They bounced.
They fell.
They piled on top of each other.
It was boys verse girls for a while.
They chased and crashed into each other some more.
Tons of fun.
I had a few minutes of adult conversation with Dylan and Cody's babysitter.
She's wonderful.
Then the kids begged for me to jump too.
I never turn down a bouncing session. I'm a bigger kid than they are sometimes.
They piled on me!
I was dared to bounce them higher.
I did.
They fell time after time and loved it.
The boys and girls separated.---Typical at ages five and six.
This is one of the reasons that they don't appear in my photos!!
DRAT...Every time that I wanted to snap a pic of the little boogers they were running away from me.
They were too fast for the little "point and shoot" that I carried in the leopard bag today.
Dylan and Cody, along with their cousin played ball.
I should say they batted.
Balls were flying high into the air and landing all over the yard!
I'm not used to boy play!
I thought that it was kind of funny...I kept this to myself because Melissa was not amused.
She has the patience of a saint and calmly requested that they "please stop"...over and over and over again.
Her two charges listened... Their cousin was another story!
His bat was taken away after hitting rocks, poles and the hammock.
Then they were back to bouncing with my girls.
I am a girlie mom. I wouldn't know what to do with a boy.
He would be very loved and...very gay? 


I think that Grace and Chloe are sure to be exhausted tonight.
For Melissa and their parent's sakes I hope that Dylan and Cody are wiped out too!

Today is gymnastics day.

Hip hip hooray for Chloey Oh!!! Our Tiny has been promoted!
Coaches continually approached me and congratulated me and Chlo, telling me that she was:
"fantastic"
"advancing beautifully"
"doing things that only she and one other girl at her level could do"- Asking me if "I had seen her back bend into a back "something or other."...I can't remember the name, but I saw it!
Chloe will be on the Gold Mini Team.
Now we will be there two days a week rather than one.
It looks like I'll be crazy gymnastics Mom rather than a crazy one with a soccer ball stuck on her car.
It was a proud moment. I'm happy that Tiny has found something that she loves to do.
That comes first.
Apparently this is a big deal. I had no idea. That is second.
(Note to Self...Next week be super excited if approached by coaches)

I had a "check in call" from Addi. She was having a good time and would see me at gymnastics, just before her class. (Sounded good to me.)

This whole "blow out thing" is something that I never do...not with out a hair cut first anyway. Hopefully, Addi won't expect me to spoil her with salon shampoos and blow outs in the near future.
Got news... a wash will be in our kitchen sink and the blow out will be by me.
My Addi love is going to meet us at gymnastics.
Hopefully she'll have something to eat with her friend as promised.
Addi and her buddy are joined at the hip.
Thanks to fate I'm joined at her Mama's hip...like it or not!
Mom is a really nice person...just a little unconventional.
Who am I to talk, right?!
I should say that we have completely different parenting styles.
Hopefully she doesn't give my daughter a grande cappuccino instead of food. 
I know, crazy...but believe me, it could happen.

Time to put the ipad away and pay attention to my little ones as they tumble. I don't want to fall in a Bad Mommy Ditch and get caught by my daughters!!

PS...Chloe rolled into gymnastics as promised. She was mad at Grace for about two minutes. Grace didn't stick with the program!
Addi's hair was shiny, straight and lovely. She's got the best hair in the family to begin with...pampering makes it that much more lustrous. ----AND SHE ATE REAL FOOD! YAY!!!
I missed my oldest...even though she wouldn't stop complaining about the way her gymnastics outfit fit her and that it was too tight! (It's actually fine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment