Monday, March 5, 2012

Airplane Conversations to Myself



I have no signal on my cell.
It doesn't matter.
Here, I sit, using what I consider to be it's most important application.
...the camera feature.

I've been away from my girls but a brief, three hours.
I hadn't anticipated that I'd be rendered so incomplete with out them.
Scrolling through my saved images (...all 774 of them) is making me miss them even more.
It's also allowing me the pleasure of seeing their smiling, silly faces.
In turn...
...I smile.

I'm a Mom. It's true.

I now have the  privilege and "joyful burden" of wearing my heart outside of my own body.
You see,
My heart is carried with my girls each and every moment.
ALWAYS.
A piece of that same heart travels with my husband wherever he goes.
He rides the rails and flies the "friendly skies" with a bit of me and lots of my love.
ALWAYS.
My heart is no longer, solely. mine.
This is motherhood.
This is being in love.
This is the ultimate sacrifice that we who love and cherish others make.
This is family.
It's a lovely mess.

Can you believe that this is where my head is?

I'm going to be gone for three days--- Yes. Three. Not a lifetime.
I'm flying to see "my guy." He's in Florida on business. I know...rough. Boo hoo hoo. I'm going to Palm Beach! (that was sarcasm)
Jim is working hard on one of his bigger cases. I get to see him in action for the first time.
I can't wait!
...But...

I wish that we'd land so that I can call home. I've entrusted "our darlings" to my Mom and Julia. A simple "Hi" would do the trick.
Maybe there is a catastrophe that will force me to turn around!

---DID I SAY THAT?!---

---THIS IS PATHETIC.---

...I have catholic guilt again.
...I'm not Catholic.

"OK Billie..." I say to myself. "This is the deal."

(A) You are a good Mom.
(B) The girls are in the hands of Julia and Mom!...What could go wrong?
(C) Jim is an amazing husband. It's time to show support and be equally amazing. (like I usually do)
(D) It's Florida!! It's the Ritz!!

SOLD


Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment