Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My House WAS a War Zone.

My family and I are on the mend.
We have been struck down not once, but twice from the stomach bug that is plaguing most of the East Coast.
It was horrible.
It was disgusting.
The living room became "sick quarantine."
My poor husband became our caretaker...
... bathroom and laundry cleaner...
... household disinfector...
...cook...
...storyteller...
... and "well" child caregiver with our Julia.
They were the lone adults standing and Julia was fading fast!

In essence, Dad became Super Dad
...better known as me...MOM.

I mean no offense when I say this. I would have been a slobbery, nasty mess on the couch without him. -----Wait...I kinda was anyway...but I was a better mess thanks to Jim.

My guy didn't know what he was in for.

Now and again I'd wake from my sickened coma to hear:

"Daddy, I miss Mommy."
"I don't care! I want to go in the living room!!" With a response like,"No. Don't! Get away from that room! You'll get sick!"... followed by scampering footsteps.
or
"Dad...Dad...Dad...Mom doesn't do it that way."
or
"Dad...Mom usually let's us have a little snack or apple before bed."
or
"Dad...are you listening? You're not listening."
or
"This isn't fair...I miss our couch."
or
"Dad...Daddy...I didn't do my eye patch yet." (Gracie is a good reminder of things.)
or
"Come on girls, let's go work out downstairs."
or
Chloe: "Daddy don't forget our story."
Grace:"Mom reads us a story at night."
Chloe: "Not that one"
Grace: "We read that one. Not that one Dad."
Jim: "Ok...How about this story. Do you know this one?"
Grace: "NO."
Chloe: "OK."

I remember thinking:
My poor, poor guy. --- Man, our girls are critical. --- I hope that he survives them.
He's trying so hard. --- I can't believe that he cleaned the bathroom so many times! --- Damn, I'm lucky.
--- I hope that the girls did their homework and reading tonight.

We survived and Jim never got "the bug."--- Lucky devil.
Unfortunately, Julia got some kind of bug...I made my trusty, side kick sleep today.
 I returned to work.
Thank goodness for moms! Bannie came over and took over! (aka my Mom)
Addi went back to school...on a scheduled 1/2 day. --- Good timing for her. She'll get more rest.
Grace and Chloe were given lots of Mommy hugs.
Gracie told me that it was "so good to have me back, Daddy just isn't the same as you." then gave me a huge kiss on the cheek.
Chloe told me that she "missed me." then gave me giant Chloe hugs.
They both played beautifully with their found big sister and told her how much they missed her.
We stumbled on happy accidents.
As the sun went down we made art in its light.
 I knew Where the Wild Things Were...
They were in our living room!


 Towers fell...
Gods and Goddesses were born...

 Animals roamed...
 It was a circus.




Today we relaxed after homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment