Friday, March 16, 2012

The Proof is in the Pudding...



Chloe really gets into her paint. Time to power wash the "favorite skirt!"

I have an alter ego.
I like her.
My kids...big and small enjoy her company as well.

By day I am Weste., also known as Mrs. W.
...High School Art Teacher.
...a guru of media and lost arts. (Indiana Jones here I come)

By evening I am Art Mom.
...or
...to be more specific
I become an Elementary School Art Teacher. (We like to do crafts and read Art Dog.)
...my little kids call me Mom.

I have come to the realization that there is very little difference between my art room and my home.
We are turning the bunk bed into a bus! The yard as the art studio. Day #2.
Yes, the location changes...
...my terminology changes (think "what do red and yellow make?" vs "If the image is overexposed...should you  stop up or stop down?")
...as do the size of the kids
...and the class size diminishes greatly!
Thank goodness for that! Every teacher wishes for the opportunity to give more individual attention to their students.
I'm lucky to have three eager, little artists at home.

The "gist" of it is the same.
At home I give hugs, kisses, sweet treats and movie nights as rewards.
Sometimes work and home truly do combine!
At school my students receive high marks and great college recommendations for jobs well done.
I have deadlines. (The "bus" needs to be done by Friday night and scripts are due Friday end of class!)
---THE END RESULTS---

**WAY...COOL ART PROJECTS that will last a lifetime. (*If treated well and stored or displayed with care.)

**INCREDIBLY PROUD KIDS (...of all ages, including myself!)

**A Home and Classroom, both overflowing with art. (Big, Big "MUST" for me)

**A CREATIVE MESS LEFT SOMEWHERE. (usually found by me and cleaned by me...and that's ok... if you're my child or if it happens ONCE, if you're a big kid)

No matter what...
I am a lucky woman.
My lifestyle and teachings  inspire myself and others daily.
I'm not bragging.
It's a simple truth.
Always remember:

Every action, every suggestion, every kind or cruel word has an effect on someone...somewhere.
We choose our destiny's.
We leave a footprint.
How big or small that mark is, is your choice.
Whether the print is made of mud or rainbow paint is yours to choose as well.

I want to flood life and my kids' (home or classroom) imaginations with rainbows!
Does this take effort?
Of course it does.
No one is perky and perfect 24/7...or a constant inspiration for that matter.
I'm going to do my best though.
It's the least I can do.
I wish to pass the hope for more rainbow marks onto the next generation.

Today I leave you with another collection of images. This is my yard. This is my world. This is proof that I bring "a work attitude" home with me. This is a beautiful mess. My nine year old would be proud of me right now. I just used one of her favorite oxymorons!


I display artwork all of the time. I'm proud of their accomplishments.

Lots of art inspired by Hockney! (the wall is forever changing)
We handle art supplies carefully.

Grace poses and is very proud of painting. I am proud as well!

A beautiful sight. Look at my babies go!

...Chloe really goes! Break time!!

A fun drawing that has been hanging around my desk for awhile.
Gracie, mural painting...the "bus."

Addi sets up still lives, complete with props.

We mix paint.

Art and play...two in the same.

Sometimes we take ourselves very seriously while we work.
...And sometimes we don't!!!
...Right now I am loving the fact that some of the photos sneak onto the light pink of the web-page. Oooh...I just gave myself a great idea for a project! I love it when that light bulb flashes on.
 Have great weekend. Go make footprints...

No comments:

Post a Comment