Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Early Morning Bliss


I started off the morning with my cell phone alarm ringing next to me. I glanced up, noticed that Jim was already up...
... which, I'm happy to say is unusual.
He's been making a habit of staying in bed until at least 6:30. He's now home a bit later and has the pleasure of kissing his little ladies goodbye while they are awake, rather than snuggled down in their beds.
He also has the pleasure of hearing their voices call out multiple.."Daddy and Dads" while giving great big bear hugs in return for his kisses.
I also get my kiss goodbye and sometimes we even get to eat morning eggs together now.
This is a treasure...
...a luxury.
This, thankfully...Is no longer a rarity.

Ahhhhh...I smile just thinking about it.
These moments are better than the first morning rays of sunshine that peek over the tree line.
Give me more bliss any day.

OOOOh...A segway!

Speaking of bliss...
I walked down the hall, taking note that the girls were still asleep (they are so beautiful) and Jim and his truck were sadly gone.
...Good things are coming though.
I looked at my cell phone.
OoooH! I had a message!
From Jimbo?

"HAPPY SPRING! XOXO"

BLISS

There it was...My morning sunshine. My love had done it again.

Ahhhhh...One more smile.
Time to set the table, grab the lunches, make coffee and six perfectly cooked...not crispy, but not runny, "sunshine eggs."
--- KID CODE for eggs over medium.---

6:52
I slowed down...
Enjoying the sound of the coffee pot.
It was another blissful moment.
-That gurgle and hum paired with the view outside of my bay window.
It was a fresh Spring morning. The air hung dense with early fog, waiting to be burned away.
Fourth Street was transformed into a wooded glen.

BLISS.


...followed by a crying Chloe.
 OH NO.
POP! WENT THE BLISSFUL BUBBLE.

Chloe: Mommy Addi slept with me and I'm all wet! I think she peed in my bed!!!(lots of big tears)
Me: Oh baby...(as I scooped her up in the kitchen. Chloe hugs = more bliss for me) Addi didn't mean it.
She got trapped in the bus and didn't know how to get out. (the bunk bed is still a La La Loopsie
bus. *See previous blog for a better explaination)
Chloe: (looking puzzled at first, smiled up at me) Oh. I'm still mad. She's not allowed in my bus
anymore! This is gross. My leg is wet!
Me: Don't worry honey. Go get cleaned up and change your pants. The bed will be good as new.
That's why we have washing machines. Don't worry. (more big squeezes.)
Chloe: (nodded with understanding... thankfully and wandered of to accomplish the task at hand. AKA a quick wardrobe change with clean up!)
Gracie, always the cautious kid, watched curiously from the sidelines. When she saw Chloe's smile she too walked away. Then she was mean to her sister, called her disgusting and proceeded to tattle on her for picking her nose. I tried to explain that i knew that she was trying to do the right thing here, but her sister wasn't hurting anyone...
...she wasn't hurting herself.
...she wasn't hurting anyone's feelings.
...nor was she in any serious danger.
...Therefore I didn't want to know and it was tattling...which was not a good thing.

Grace did not like this response.
Again she tried to tell me all about her gross her sister was.
My response: That's fine...but it's not a crime and I don't need to know unless she say, wiped the boogy on you!
Grace's Response: A SUPER SNOTTY GLARE AND A STOMPED FOOT.
My response: Ok babe...now you have a time out. Get dressed and take a break.

Addi sauntered in rubbing her eyes.

Addi: What's going on?
Me: Not much...I hear that you got trapped in a bus and couldn't get out.
Addi: HUH?!
Me: (laughing) Didn't you get stuck in a bus last night, in your sleep?
Addi: (looked toward Chloe's bedroom door, grinning, then laughing) Oh yeah! Sorry Chloe...I didn't mean it. I was asleep. I didn't know what I was doing.
Chloe: (from behind the bedroom door) It's OK!!
Gracie: (from inside the bedroom) Is my time out over now? Can I finish getting dressed now?
Me: (from the hallway)Yes...Say sorry to your sister.
Grace: SOOoooorrry.

AAhhhhhh.... BLISS.


Have you found your blissful moment? 






No comments:

Post a Comment