Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Babies, Daisy's and Tea for Mom...

I had a few minutes to kill today.
What did I do you ask?
I read some blogs that I follow.
I looked at some of my older blogs and relived the past.
I went on Pintrest and gathered some crafty ideas for future use.
I googled old movies.
I texted with my husband.

Rainy afternoons are all about these little things.

The result of my idle pleasures:

I feel relaxed.
I am motivated...
...ready to face the rest of the day!

We are standing on top of the mid week "hump."

My weekend burst of energy has run dry.
Three cups of coffee haven't helped...
...but wandering online, phone in hand did!

Thoughts that occurred to me:

1) After perusing endless images I remembered how wondrous it is to stare at my children.
Creepy..No.
Odd...No way.
Magical.
I mentally rewound back to their infant days. Those long afternoons filled with baby naps. Jim and I spent what felt like hours (probably because they were) staring into cribs and bassinets. Our babies are glorious! We visually ate them up. There was nothing better on Earth than  "oogling" over our little ones.

I know that still holds true. I just did it. It wasn't in person. Recent photos have sufficed. They move too fast now. Still moments are fleeting.

That's part of the beauty of who they have become.
I smile as I sit here. There is a goofy image of my littles ladies crowded around Santa. Grace has exceptionally untamed hair, quite unlike her! She is beaming. She thought that it was fancy and like a movie star's hair. Addison is smiling beautifully. Her smile makes mine brighten. I haven't seen enough of her pretty, smile lately. Almost ten can be tough. Chloe on the other hand is at her cheeky best...frilly skirt and cowgirl boots. This was the daily uniform then. She has now evolved into a sportier style, donning leggings and Uggs (knock offs) like her older sisters.

This is one of my treasures.

2) Carrot cake sounds yummy. Thank you pintrest friends! Now the kids and I have a baking agenda for this weekend.

3) It's raining again. My kids use this as an excuse for a movie night. I'm headed in the direction of an oldie but goody. Gene Kelley will be dancing through my house tonight. One of my all time favorites is Singin' In The Rain! I think it's time to share it with my girls.

4) I love my husband. I can't say it enough. His sarcastic humor is contagious! He is one of my favorite texting buddies.

5) Most importantly...I remembered that I have been invited to a Daisy Tea Party celebrating MOMs.
It's today. Grace and Chloe are in the same troop. Addison donates time as a Girl Scout helper each week, assisting their troop leader. I've heard that on most days Addi would rather be a Daisy too!

...The week is turning around!

Up Up Up and Away we go...
Over the HUMP and onto the downward slope that is the weekend.

Addi confiscated my camera when she saw it in my hand. Here are the photos that my talented and slightly focus challenged 9 1/2 yr. old shot. Enjoy them. They are the newest additions to my treasure box . They'll be displayed  proudly with the crafty, frame that Grace and Chloe made with me today!






Photos: Tonight's imagery was brought to you by the letter "A."
"A" is for apple. They are delicious.
"A" is for artist. I have three.
"A" is for Addison. She is amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment