Sunday, May 27, 2012

Time Outs and Babies With Five Eyes

The conversation at lunch went this way:

Me: Damn it!

Grace: Mom! You just said a bad word.

Chloe: Mom, if you say a bad word like that, like dad again you will be grounded!

Me: Man, Chlo...You are strict. Not a time out first?...Straight to grounded?

Addi: (laughing from her seat at the table)

Grace: Yeah...grounded! What does strict mean?

Me: That you are very serious.

Grace: What does that mean?

Me: That you guys are harsh.

Grace: But what does that mean?

Me: That you will be tough parents someday...tougher than me. I'd do a time out first.

Chloe: No way! GROUNDED!

Addi: GROUNDED!

Grace: GROUNDED!

Julia: (smiled and laughed the whole time)

Me: (laughing) Boy, your kids are in trouble.

 **Here's the rest.**

Me: Wait, are you going to have kids?

Grace: I will, but I don't want to get married.

Me: OK. Addi, what about you? You don't want to get married either, right?

Addi: (1/2 smirking over the edge of her pizza)

 Me: (smiling back) Oh, did you change your mind?

Addi: Maybe I want to now...maybe!

Chloe:(very eagerly exclaims) Someday when Gracie and I live together and get married we will have to adopt a baby.

(Julia and I laugh)

Grace: I don't want to marry you!

After a lot of laughter I explained the facts:
Sisters are not allowed to marry each other.
Chloe was totally confused. She didn't understand why.
Addi then asked if brothers and sisters could get married.
I explained again...It's against the law
Addi then asked "WHY?"

My explaination: The babies will have five eyes.

??????...For real, MOM?!

Me: No...But it would cause a lot of terrible problems that we, thankfully, don't have to worry about. If you know any brothers or sisters that want to get married tell them that it's a bad idea.

...and that was that.
A lovely lunch time conversation during our holiday weekend.

PHOTOS: All of theses images were taken using the iphoto-booth app. on my laptop.
*1st Photo= Addison...three years ago.
*2nd Photo= Grace and Chloe...last September.
*3rd Photo= Addi and I...three years ago.
*4th Photo= Addison and Me...last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment