Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lucky, Lucky,Lucky...Our Law Book Runneth Over!

This has been a week filled with luck!
I don't feel like I have much yet.
I'm waiting for it to kick in!

This is the deal...
It's sooo cool!!!!
On Saturday:
Jim found a four leaf clover  on our friend's front lawn.
He has been searching for close to 39 years for one.
He ran into the house with the look of an excited eight year old.
He even told me to take out my camera and take a picture of him with it!
This meant that it surely was a monumental moment in Jimbo history! ...He typically hides from me.

On Sunday:
Grace and Chloe were antiquing with Julia, Marnee and me.
Grace has a passion for books. She adores any kind...new, old, illustrated or chapter book.
We browsed and each found something worthy of our money.
Grace and Chloe were on a $2.00 budget. They were very serious shoppers.
Chloe found an angel sculpture.
She asked the lady much it was.
$.25
SOLD!
Gracie flipped through books at every booth. She found on called the Golden Key. She fell in love with its cover, key glowing, centered on the deep navy book jacket, golden text blazing above it in script.
"Sorry...too expensive."
She didn't find me on it...simply asked if we could look for another one some day.
I assured her that one day she would have her own copy, just not that day.
Grace flipped through the aged pages and found a dried, pressed four leaf clover.
It was on page 47.
Lucky, lucky girl!
The owner was very happy for her. He flipped through the pages to see if there were any waiting for him.
Then he gave Gracie a little brown, box, complete with hinges and snap to keep it safe from harm.
He felt badly, giving one sister something and not the other...
Chloe walked away with a lovely jade cross charm.
...more luck!

Jim couldn't get over this. "What is the likely hood?! Two in two days?!"

Tuesday:
Addi came home with a piece of paper folded up, envelope style. It read "MOM."
I said,"Oooh, thanks Addi. What is this? For me?"
Addi: No! That's mine. I just wrote your name on it so that I wouldn't forget to bring it home!
Me: What? Why did you do that? (laughing)
Addi: I write your name on all of the important things that I need...You know like papers, letters, stuff that I usually have to give you. Now I write it on everything so that I don't forget."
Me: Oh, I get it! (laughing harder...She's way too cute!)

Addison opened the paper. Wrapped inside was the four leaf clover that she had found on the playground during recess!

Me: No way! This is awesome! We have to tell Dad!
Addi: Quick take a picture of me with it and send it to him at work!

...and that's what we did.

His return text read:
Did you check it to make sure that she didn't split one of the leaves (the old trick)?


Then Grace showed me the most gorgeous butterfly that I have ever seen.
It was dead, but looked perfect.
My reaction: Guys, this is incredible! what is going on with our family lately? We're finding the coolest stuff.

Wednesday:

I pulled the Caravan into the driveway.
What were my daughters up to?!
All three were crouched down in various spots on our neighbors lawn.
It looked like something that you'd see in National Geographic.
I had visions of tribal women.
"Hi girls...What's going on?"

Addi came running...

Addi: Look! Look! I found two more!! Right on the lawn!

Me: NO WAY!!  Where's my camera?! dad isn't going to believe this!!

Addi: I must be the luckiest person ever!!!

Addison put her clovers into a blue cup and went back, determined to:
(a) Find more for herself.
(B) Teach her sisters the art of clover hunting.

There were "good spots" out there and she knew where they were!

10 Minutes later:

Addi found another.
That's it.
I needed on on this action.
I crouched down with the girls, sifting through our neighbor's grass.
I could hear him on his phone inside..
...I wondered why he didn't come out and ask what we were doing!
We must have been a strange sight!
Chloe shouted out: I got one!

...two seconds later...

"Me too!!"

Gracie stomped away...
"I must be cursed."

Chloe: No Grace, we'll find you one. It took daddy a really long time. You'll get one.

...She's such a sweetie pie, but it didn't help.
While Grace decompressed next to our neighbor's pond we ended our search for the day.
Our feet were wet.

It was time to send pics to Dad and press our clovers.
Black's Law: pages 551; 1065; 762 and 467.
Gracie's clover disintegrated and got stuck in the couch cushions. She needs some new luck.

Jim's texted response:
"WHAT???????"

Thursday:
I wonder how many more will show up for the taking?
We'll be crouched in the neighbors yard again...
Wish us luck!

...Guess what!?
Addi found another four leaf clover on her way home from the bus stop! That makes five this week!
She really is the luckiest kid ever!

What do you think? Should I let her pick my numbers and play lotto?
For a small fee I'll let her pick some numbers for you too!



No comments:

Post a Comment