Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Hear the Beach Calling Our Names!

I started out the morning with a RANT.
It was a drearier than dreary, cold, wash out of a morning.

If more rain comes I will make more photos with ridiculous Text Bubbles!
The weekend was a tease.
Where is my Summer?!
Where are my long lost beach days?!
Will more spectacular afternoons like Mother's Day be ours again soon?
My children are going to go nuts soon.
We are all going to lose it if the week continues like this.

I am a lover of rain.
Days when I roam with my bubble umbrella and yellow rain boots bring me great joy.
The Earth needs it's water...
...Kids need puddles to slosh in.
...But come on!
Enough is enough.

I can't even garden in this.
Movie nights are getting old fast.
...So is crafting in the kitchen.
...So are the many nights of roller derby.

I long for evenings spent eating dinner in the backyard.
...For nights ignoring the tiresome bedtime rituals of Winter.

Give me my Summer escape!

Give me long days and longer evenings of riding bikes through the neighborhood.
....of playtime at the beach until the sun goes down.

What is better than racing home, 20 minutes before bedtime, the smell of the salty air clinging to our hair and sand in bikini bottoms that shakes out in a shower filled with giggly kids?

Are you ready for it?
I say, "BRING IT ON!!...IN A HURRY!..."

PLEASE...

My mind is racing toward Summer.
My feet wish to be planted in wet sand.
I miss the smell of kids lathered in sunblock.
My kayak is waiting, chained to the garage.

I have decided something.
The kayaks are going in the water by the end of the week...Do or Die!
I'll buy a wet suit if I have to, but I'm going in.
Whoooo Hoooo...Baby!!

I feel so much better now...
...and look.
....I got my wish.
Thank you Spring.
Thank you Summer.
The sun is out and the beach is calling.

TWO DAYS LATER:
My girls and I have enjoyed two bikini clad afternoons.
The tub was glazed with sand shaken out from tiny hineys.
Three bikinis, all of different degrees of "small" were left, soggy, on the bathroom floor.
The girls were sun-kissed and exhausted.
The sweet smell of sunblock lingers in the house.

Addi is eating seaweed, She said she wanted "to look hot!"
What is the world coming to?!
Chloe filled buckets with snails and shells.
Gracie had many unusual collections...as usual.
Chloe, aka Monkey, jumped, clung to and walked on Aunt Marnee.
Aunt Marn was very graceful. 
I am thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment