Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Laptops, Debris, Unsupervised Kids and the Craziest Mama Ever.

I need to kiss the inventors of the laptop.
- Because of he-she-them here I am.
-Sitting on my front porch, swaying on my double swing, while the moon is high and the birds are chirping.
This my friends... is SPRINGTIME BLISS.

I can't decide what to write about.
Like a kid in a candy store---

THERE ARE SO MANY CHOICES!
sweet.

The fact that my 7pm coffee just kicked in isn't helping.
I am the epitome of the freak on a leash. 
Does everybody know that one or am I making myself sound more coffee crazed by the second?


After two hours of cleaning debris from my yard...
...YES...That word was DEBRIS.
A catastrophic event did not target our yard.
It was my husband playing construction worker.

Jim had demolished our dilapidated garage the day before. Then, miracle of all miracles, he rebuilt the walls in a few short hours.
TRULY WONDROUS.
Unfortunately, our yard was trashed.
I was on clean up duty.
I WASN'T GOING DOWN ALONE.
I dragged Julia into the yard with me.
Welcome to the family.
Time to get dirty!
She's such a good sport.
Julia at one point told me that it was just like home...her Dad made her do this stuff all of the time.
We each put on a pair of Jim's nastier than nasty work gloves and dug in!
Julia and I filled NINE construction bags and dragged each into the driveway. There we tossed them on top of our old, beaten down, "L" sectional. It too, was waiting to be hauled away.
We were covered in a thin layer of grime.
I could barely breathe thanks to my allergies.
I LONGED FOR A SHOWER.
Was I exhausted?
NO WAY!
I AM WOMAN>>>HEAR ME ROAR...
I was no where near tired.
I felt great after a hot shower and a cup o'joe.

Did I mention that my three girls were home this entire time?!
I didn't even bother to check on them!
I kind of forgot that a quiet house could mean trouble as I dug and tossed shingles.
This is very, very, very unlike me...
I repeat very, very, very...unlike me.
The kids were on there own.

WHAT WERE THEY UP TO?

Addison found me in the front yard repositioning a rose trellis that I had just unearthed.
She approached our Lilac Tree...or is it Lavendar?
I forget which is the tree and which the little, aromatic plant.
...Both are in my yard.

Addi had spent the past hour making a sticky, tile art fairy with her little sisters.

THANK GOD!
CPS has no reason to knock on my door.

The artwork was proudly nestled in the tree's branches.
Addi went running to get her sisters.

Five minutes later my little ladies emerged, roller skates and all.
They admired their work.
-Took it down...
...and negotiated a new spot.
The fairy now sits in our bay window with the plants.
PERFECT.

I tossed a chicken into the oven and showered.
---Good as new!
The girls didn't think they'd like our new "old lady" living room furniture.
Apparently "Old Lady" is code for dark brown leather.
It doesn't matter...they love the new floor plan.
The "L" is gone and has re opened a blocked entry way.
Our open ranch has its large circular hallway again.
Thanks to a head on collision between Grace and Chloe... which resulted in an ER visit, followed by a pediatric oral surgeon and Grace's front tooth being extracted... due to it dangling...
...We blocked the circle.
This should be interesting.

EXTREME ROLLER DERBY IS THE NAME OF THE GAME.

The gloves are off.
The girls have fallen.
Crashed into kitchen chairs and tumbled over the dog. (he wasn't harmed...promise)
They are bruised and laughing about it!

I am too. They crack me up! I want new roller skates now.
Can Mommy join in?

...not yet, but I can dance!

The TV was on...tuned into the Disney Jr. Channel.
Choo Choo Soul was singin' her heart out.
WOW--- Floods of memories came back.
For five years our girls had rocked out with this preschool diva and her DJ buddy.

I started to sing and dance, remembering all of the words to Vegetables Make You Strong.
My girls froze.
They stared.
Grace commented: You must be the craziest Mom ever.
????
Addi: What is this?
????
Grace: Mom, how do you know this song? Who is that?
???????????????
ME: YOU DON'T REMEMBER GENEVIEVE?!
Chloe: That's a nice name. Is that the girl? She's singing about vegetables!?
ME: Yes Chlo... (as I was shakin' it) Don't you remember her girls? This used to be one of your favorites? We played it all the time.
Addi: Really? Who is the guy? What does he do...just dance??

No one remembered.
How could this be?!
CHOO CHOO SOUL was ingrained in my brain.
FIVE YEARS< EVERY MORNING> 7AM!!!!!!!!!

I danced my way into the kitchen and set the table...How could this be?

This was it.

MY MAMA CHALLENGE.

Me: Hey girls...Who remembers this one? "Hot dog!!!! DU DU DU dududuudu HOT DOG!!!

THEY LAUGHED AT ME.

Was it my singing or my wacky dance skills?

If you have spent as many mornings as I have with the Disney Channel than you know the dance that goes with the song and that was what I was doing...
...at the dinner table.

Gracie: (shaking her head and laughing) Yup...You are the craziest Mom ever!

Addi: Mom. That's really weird! Do other Mom's do this? (followed by laughter)

Chloe: (grinned and stared at me the whole time) Mom you're really silly!

Me: Come on. You have to remember this one?!

DO MY CHILDHOOD...I MEAN THEIR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES MEAN NOTHING?

This is proof. Our memories are very different from our children's.
YAYYYYY!!!!
Parents of the Universe...
There is hope for us after all!!!

It's happening...
We have grown up,"Old Lady" furniture and my kids are forgetting toddler hood.
Poor me...I'm stuck with the toddler tunes.

Thanks to The Voice I now have the song 99 Problems But The B*@#H Ain't One stuck in my head.
This is a far cry from Choo Choo Soul.



*Photos of Steve Jobs and the imac were courtesy of Photobucket.



No comments:

Post a Comment