Friday, May 11, 2012

TRUTH or DARE!!!

Let me set the stage.

I'm driving down the road, headed home from "doing the rounds."
No, I'm not a doctor.
I do travel in unlikely circles though!
The caravan was packed with...
...groceries.
...Mother's day gifts for Bannie, Grandma, Great Nannie Judge, who also goes by Nannie and Nana, aka Nana S. from Greenlawn.
...new gymnastics attire for their big Expo Show.
...and Me, Addi, Grace and Chloe.

As we rolled down the road, anxious to get home because we were starving..
...Chloe began to play a game.
We all know this one.
TRUTH OR DARE.
I heard girly whispers:
"Hey Gracie, do you pick truth or dare?"
I thought: Oh no. This means trouble!
Chloe:"Hey Grace...Pick truth it's easier."
I thought: Little sister, smarty pants...How often do you play this big kid game?!

I drove on.
Listening intently...
...not saying a peep.

Grace: "Okay. Truth."
Chloe: "Is it possible for a tree to talk?"
Gracie: "No!!"
Chloe: "You are right! See it's easy. Can people turn into rocks? Tell me the TRUTH!"
Addi chimed in: Chloe you're not doing it right..."
I thought: Oh no..Here it goes...The fourth grader is going to set things straight. This will put an end to the kindergarten version!
Addi: "You have to let them pick TRUTH or DARE...not choose for Grace!"
Me, In my head: Thank goodness for innocence.
Grace: "It's ok. I like truth. NO...people can't turn into trees."
Chloe: "See, you got it right! Good job! Dare me...somebody dare me!"

NO ONE RESPONDED...
...So CHLOE DARED HERSELF.

Chloe:" I will DARE to eat this whole pretzel!"
...a few chews later..."I did it!"

I laughed out loud.
Addi and Grace sang loudly.
Those lungs have power! The Maroon Five song Payphone was belted out for the rest of the ride. They already know all of the words.--Truly my daughters!
Chloe continued to dare herself. --Truly belongs to me and Jim!
It was a fun filled five minutes.
--One of those brief moments where time stands still, helping me put childhood back into perspective.
...so precious.
...so funny!
...so glad that it broke up the monotony.

We had all forgotten how hungry we were...
...until we pulled into the driveway!

Enjoy the weekend. I want to wish all of the Mamas out there a Faulous Mother's Day!-- May time stand still during magical moments. Bask in the love that is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment