Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Funky, Rainy Days and "Art" Feet!

Have you ever been in a "funk?"
Stuck in a rut?
Had an artistic block?
Has anyone ever "cramped your style?"
OR
Put "a kink in the works?"

Today was that kind of a day.
With my Gracie home dealing with a bad case of strep throat,
Security giving my parking spot away, by accident (how do you do that...come on)
Heavy rain making my feet squishy, smelly and wet...
...thanks to the parking lot at work flooding over!
...and me, forgetting my rainboots.

I'm now turning my day around.
Here's the spin!

Gray skies? Rain? Fender benders...bring 'em on!
Students are peeeling out and crashing cars all over the place. Young drivers be careful and older drivers beware!
Did I ever mention that this weather gives exceptional lighting for taking photos?
Positivity is creeping in... Sit tight!
Addison, Chloe and I...with Lightning of course, headed into the yard for a rainy day romp.
We stayed close because of sick, sister Gracie. She was crashed out on the couch.
PLOP...PLOP...FIZZ>>>FIZZ...Oh what a relief it is! ...JUST KIDDING!!
It was more like DIBBLE...dibble...DOP...DIBBLE...Dibble...dop.
I love the rain! It was spectacular jumping in the huge puddle of a parking lot (with my rainboots on) as I headed to my car at the end of the work day.
People that didn't know me, like the many unfamiliar students and parents in the lot, must've thought me odd. That's okay...I am!
I was in the art department lot. Things like teachers acting loopy are acceptable here. It feels good to belong. I am one of the many "whackies" that adore this side of the building and its freedoms.
We are who we are...accept us...or not.

Childhood antics keep you young at heart.


Although Gracie is sick, she is happy. She's had the chance to watch movies! It's raining. She's bored and has already created more drawings and crafts than our little green house can store.
Jim and I each have our own "Gracie made" 3D, Easter inspired fantasy lands!
Pastely and squishy, like the bunny threw up all over the place...
...But our baby is proud, there fore so are we.
I could go into the skills that she is attaining and perefecting while making something like this...
but that is art speak, not always Mama speak. I just want to keep it simple for now! I've been "art speaking" all day. My brain hurts. I need more puddles to jump in...maybe a hole to fall into...hide for awhile and rest there like a bunny. Be like Alice and journey down the rabbit hole.
This is not a drug reference!
A great visual escape,
an adventure,
the outdoors,
the beach,
the sunshine
my yard and it's half grown gardens are beconning.

BIllie...Billie..Where are you?
Billie...Billie...We miss you.
Billie...Billie...you are insane...Stop typing to yourself!

AHHHHhhh...That felt good! I'M BACK. Slightly saner than a moment ago.

My students have the priviledge of having the Gracie Art on view in my computer lab. Lucky teenagers!

I promised that mine would be displayed in my art classroom for all of "my big kids" to see.
Addi is working on her version of "Easterland" as I type.
Chloe is checking her out. Asking her the "how to's."
That means only one thing...
...more are coming.

Thank you to Target for having cheep-o craft foam and stickers galore!
Thank you to my trusty blue dust pan. It helped me clean up all of the peel away scraps left behind. There were hundreds! Everywhere!!!!
I wonder what tomorrow's crafts will include?!
RAIN...RAIN...RAIN...means art, books and ice cream! (rainy ice cream, with a good book is a family tradition)

Artist Mama with three kids following in her footsteps = endless possibitities.

LIFE IS SOOO GOOD!
I think it's time that I put on my art sneakers.
They give me sunshine on dark days...Today HAS NOT been dreary...Simply darker than most.

Here's a craft idea for all of you out there:
RECYCLE an OLD PAIR of SHOES.
My kids have attacked their flip flops with markers and paints...completly beautifying what was once almost trash!
I did the same with my favorite old chekered Vans.
I smile when my feet are in them now.
I smile even more when my kids wear their recycled shoes.
QIUCK TIP...When you're done spray them with crystal clear acrylic coating(sold in art supply and craft stores)
VOILA!
Ta DA!
You have one of a kind fashion statements for your feet...and happy kids on rainy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment