Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wham! Bamm! Crash!!

This week is full of promise and adventure.
Great things will happen!
I can feel it!

I'm back home and ready to go, after a well rested weekend with my guy.
...just call me BUNNY.
...You know, after the Energizer.

Hop Hop Hop...
I'm bound to drive people nuts by Wednesday!
My body doesn't know how to respond to TWO full nights of sleep.

Monday began in a weird kind-of-way.
I welcomed my Media students.

When I can't get my student's attention I do one of a few things:
A) Quietly say," If you can hear the sound of my voice please stop talking and look this way." -Then repeat if needed. (usually don't have to though)
B) Wave my arms in the air and say,"Hey, remember me? The strange pink haired lady- your teacher?" (This one's good closer to the middle of the day)
C) I stand on the nearest chair or hop onto a counter top. (I'm short. Height is a powerful advantage) Then say," Hi guys. I need your attention for a sec."

These methods also work at home...Try one! Standing on kitchen chairs works wonders.
Just get up there as if it happens everyday and stand there quietly for a moment. Whatever is going on will stop with out you having to say a word! Your kids will look at you strangely and quiet down...
...wondering what the heck Mommy is doing?!
That's the cue to talk!

My other fave works really well in places like Target or the park: "If your last name is _____________. You're Mommy is leaving." Then wave and slowly walk in any direction. Works like a charm. Those little heads turn, ears perk up and tiny feet follow.

Today was a chair day.
Too bad that a kid nearly pulled it out from under me!

He leaned back with out paying attention to the fact that I was behind him and said,"Don't sit..I'm stealing this chair."

Maybe I need to talk louder...

He only heard the "Don't sit part" and thought that it was because I was walking behind him.
I thought that my students knew me better than that by now!
When do I sit?!
---Never.

I planted my foot and was about to place the second...I bobbled in the air...
...WHAMMO!
The chair jerked.
He pulled it out from under me!
I teetered then jumped off.

He apologized, red faced.
The class laughed.
I laughed too.
I said,"No worries. It all worked out. I got everybody's attention...So thank you Gerard!"

Remember I had mentioned ADVENTURE and PROMISE?
Here I come!

I walked toward my classroom after lunch. There was a strategically placed garbage can toward the right of the hall.
I looked at it... saw a stream of water pouring into it from above, took note of it and continued past it.
HOLY CRAPOLA!!

SLIP...
BANG...
WHACK!!!

I kept hold of my travel, coffee mug as I glided, ungracefully toward the ground.
I slammed my foot into the wall.
It kept me from landing on the hall floor.
Students looked on in horror.
None of them laughed!
...I would have.
What nice kids.

The garbage can was not doing it's job well.
I now had to continue my job in pain.
CURSE THIS PLACE...
It's falling apart.
...and now so am I.
I'm hoping that the rule of 3's doesn't apply.
I don't want to "almost fall" again.

On a lighter note...It's only Monday.
I'm hopeful that positive adventures await.
Oh...please, I hope they do!

I get to go home and clean out the garage with my little girls...
...talk about adventure!
There is so much buried treasure in there.
Artists tend to be pack rats.
Throw on the art teacher gig and that equals tons of stuff.
This should be great.
We are bound to dig up some old toys well worth rediscovering and some new projects to work on.

***I promise that there will be photos added shortly... Check in later.***







No comments:

Post a Comment