Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gertrude the Fairy Fluttered Our Way!

I don't have much to say today.
A rarity, I know.
A few things have happened this week that are noteworthy.

*Grace lost her 2nd tooth!...This is amazing for a few reasons.
1) Because it was literally pushed out by the adult tooth that broke through the surface in record timing. One week it was loose and the next, BINGO, BOINGO...out it came.

2) This is the first tooth lost NATURALLY by Gracie. The OFFICIAL FIRST was knocked out by little sister, Chloe's head after a collision! An ER visit later and the tooth fairy was flying our way fast.
...Her Name is Gertrude the Fairy...Gert or Gertie for short.


Our Gertie likes to leave sentimental notes and money (of course) tucked under pillows.
I'm happy to report that all three of my little ladies get more excited over the Gertie letters than the cash!
...maybe I'm doing something right after all!
Grace asked if she could bring her "fairy letter" to school to show her teacher and her friends.
I said,"Of course!"---thinking that was one of the coolest things ever.
...like the millions of other cool things that I have kept catalog of over the years.

After school Grace reported back on the events of letter sharing:

"I had to put it away. My friends were grabbing at Gertrude's note and I was afraid that it would get hurt or ripped. So, not that many people saw it...but that's ok."


Gracie is such a responsible kid.
...or maybe she's just treasure hungry?!
...guarding her booty like good pirate.

The world doesn't need pirates. But I'm sure that it'll take a responsible, protective kid any day.

I need to report that the fairy note is now in a safe place.
Gracie has put it on top of her jewelry box.
... a true place of honor.
It now hangs out with her boxed, four leaf clover remains (it disintegrated, but is still treasure)

*Addi survived the movie Captain America.

...However she didn't make it through the night in her own bed.

She told me that her bad dreams were filled red faced, bad guys this time.
HOLY imagination!!
...and smooshed Mama and Dad.

* This week was Book Fair at the local schools.
This meant that I was out $60. in a flash. I can't say no to books.
The plastic, tiger, pointer paw that has come home 3X over is not a book.
What is this doing at a Book FAIR!?
JEEZ!!!...One more thing to cause bodily harm. I can't wait to see who gets whacked with one first.
Grace can now eat apples...and still thinks that her sisters are nuts.
...Addi isn't using her hands to eat her apple...one more talent.
...and yes, Chloe is  shirtless!

* Field Day...aka (the more PC title) Friday Fun Day... You know, where every kid gets an achievement award for participating and no one places 1st, 2nd or 3rd. (here comes more sarcasm)
This of course, because every child is equal, no one can be left behind, everyone is special, mediocrity is celebrated and kids that have a talent for sports are no longer allowed to celebrate success!!
Do you think something is wrong here?! I state this proudly and fully aware that not all of my children are "good" at sports and I was horrible at sports as a kid and never got awards on Field Day. I however, am all for ways that build character and allow our difference and achievements to shine.

...Ok...Next...

* I am on an organization mission. This means that I will be driving the entire family crazy and making many...I repeat... many...trips into the attic.

It also means that my house is in the middle of what looks like the Bible Belt during a fierce hurricane.

Julia beware! I may need some help.
I hope that my trusty sidekick is ready!

Kids beware...Mama is going to make you clean!!!

AHHHHH!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!

PS...I lied. I had something to say.




No comments:

Post a Comment