Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hump Day

Hello all. Hump Day is here!! If you don't know that expression...I'm referencing the mid week hump of Wednesday. Tomorrow we'll be so much closer to the weekend and Summer. That Ground Hog had better not run away! Welcome to post 2 of the Girlie Mom Adventures. Today is day 2 without my husband. He is on yet another work related journey. The lucky guy has the luxury of freshly washed, silky hotel sheets, nicely laid on the plush mattress of a bed that he has completely to himself. I, on the other hand spent last night sleepless. This was due, in part to the three lovely little ladies that decided to sneak into my room and under my covers in the middle of the night. The other "part" was all my fault. My twisted and deranged mind can't sleep without one more person added to the cramped mix! I missed being smooshed with Jim. Yes, I'm a dork.  After being with my guy for close to two decades I am still hopelessly in love with him. Does he drive me nuts at times...of course! Do I envy his frequent trips to the sunny city of Miami? Ummm...yeah! What kind of summer loving, beach bum would I be if I said "No?!" Do I miss him when he's gone and our girls repeatedly ask me to point to our dry erase calendar in the kitchen to show them when Daddy will be home...with all of my heart. So here I sit, with magenta hair dye burning into the edges of my cropped blonde hair, blogging away and hoping that my kids will stay asleep tonight and that Jim will be home soon. - and yes, you read correctly...magenta dye. One more ditty about me...when I'm bored I tend to do things to my head. So tonight I will have hot pink tips.

Today's adventures included my five year old learning how to ride a two wheeler while I was teaching a group of kids the basics of photography. Just as I bellowed out the function of the ISO my cell phone chimed. My students know that I always keep my phone on and with me at all times and will only acknowledge 3 numbers during class time. Those are my girls' elementary school, my husband and our au pair. All of these numbers put me on HIGH KIDDIE ALERT. I looked...freaked out and excused myself.   After a moment with my back turned to the the class I saw a message from Julia, our au pair extraordinaire. I quickly hit a button, and viewed my Tiny (Chloe) riding her bike for the first time without any help and frantically yelling,"Hi!" and waving. I teared up, wiped 'em away and went back to teaching. I love Julia for always thinking of Jim and I during those tender moments but it chokes me up knowing that I have to watch them from my cell phone. Summer can't come fast enough for me. Maybe I'll catch Chloe's older sister Grace as she learns to ride her bike. Yes, Chloe beat Gracie. This might cause some problems later. Grace is just a wee bit competitive. This should be interesting! Time to go. My magenta is 10 minutes overdo!!!!!! Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment